Sunday, August 10, 2014

Website - The Potter's Hand

I have never tried to design a website before, other than in a drag and drop site like Weebly or Google sites. I have been working on my pottery skills over the past two years after quite a long hiatus after high school. I wanted to create a page to celebrate the work that I've done and to create a portfolio of that work. While I am far from a professional, I am proud of the pieces I've made and have seen significant improvement over time. This project was quite time consuming, especially photographing, loading, and editing all of the individual images of each piece of pottery. I am not thrilled with the final product, but I do think it's a strong stab at and initial design. I'd love to hear feedback!
 


This is the new iteration of my website. I moved the logo out of the navigation bar, altered the fill and text colors, and changed the opacity, filter, and background image of the photo behind the thumbnails. Is this less distracting to the eye?

No comments:

Post a Comment